RocketPort ® Universal PCI Quad/Octa Bulk
The RocketPort ® Universal PCI Quad/Octa Bulk is discontinued and has been replaced with the RocketPort ® INFINITY Quad/ Octa Cable Bulk (30003-8). This product page is being maintained for product and support information.
RocketPort universal PCI four or eight port serial adapter sold in packs of 50
Part Number: 99340-7
- Universal PCI design supporting 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures
- I/O mapping capabilities
- Multiport serial expansion using a single slot
- On-board dedicated 36MHz RISC processor
- RS-232 software selectable serial ports
- Transmit buffer 16 times larger, and receive buffers 64 times larger than a 16550 UART
- Robust driver support
The Comtrol RocketPort uPCI Quad/Octa without Cable serial port expansion card is compatible with all current 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures. Depending on the serial cable (purchased separately), it provides four or eight "native" serial ports utilizing a single PCI card slot. The serial ports support RS-232 serial communications at speeds up to 460 Kbps.
Every RocketPort serial card features the high-performance RocketPort ASIC chip, consisting of a dedicated 36MHz processor that minimizes host CPU utilization and larger transmit-and-receive buffers than those of 16550 UART chips used in standard PC serial ports and low-end serial cards. RocketPort ASIC technology enables these cards to outperform other serial expansion cards by handling the transmission of large amounts of data more reliably and efficiently. Additionally, RocketPort products do not require the assignment of interrupts, simplifying installation and eliminating conflicts with other server cards. The product is fully compliant with the RoHS 2 directive under CE.
- RocketPort uPCI Quad/Octa serial adapters (50)
- Maximum Cards/System 4
- Bus Interface Specification PCI PCI-X COMPATIBLE
- Board Dimensions 5.5" x 3.75"
- Product Weight 3.5 oz
- +5VDC 294 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 1.5 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 15KV for all serial lines
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10000 Feet
- Heat Output 5.1 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 25.6 Years
- Software InterfacesRS-232
Baud Rate 300 to 460.8Kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256 bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Flow Control Hardware or Software
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 16.88 lbs
- UPC Code 7-56727-99340-7
- Package Dimensions 25.25" x 8.25" x 16.25"
- ECCN EAR99
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
- FCC License Number NLR
European Standard EN55022
Canadian EMC requirements
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950 Third Edition
Other Regulatory Approvals
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
|RocketPort ® Universal PCI Quad/Octa Bulk User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Part Number 99340-7
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort Universal PCI family products!View Warranty