RocketPort ® USB Serial Hub III 8-Port
The RocketPort ® USB Serial Hub III 8-Port is discontinued. This product page is being maintained for product and support information. Read our full announcement.
This RocketPort 8-Port USB serial hub delivers eight RS-232 ports and is a USB-attached serial expansion device for PC-based servers and client computers, making it the perfect choice if you are looking for serial to USB converters.
Part Number: 98296-8
- Simplified serial-port expansion - add eight, individual, high-speed RS-232 serial ports per RocketPort USB Serial Hub
- Fully Compliant with USB Specification v2.0 (Full-Speed)
- Superior application compatibility - serial ports appear as standard COM/TTY ports, accessible by any application
- Complete “out-of-the-box” solution - no need to open chassis or install expansion cards. Simply connect the RocketPort USB Serial Hub III to an available USB port
- Robust serial port interface support - supports all standard serial devices - includes modem control, and hardware and software flow control on all ports
- Quick, easy install—no IRQs, I/O addresses, or DMA channels to configure
- Measures less than 1.75" tall
- Persistent serial port settings—initially installed serial port configuration remains consistent regardless of which USB port is used on the system
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
The RocketPort® USB Serial Hub III is a USB-attached 8-port serial expansion device for PC-based servers and client computers. Delivering eight RS-232 ports, the RocketPort USB Serial Hub III provides the ideal solution to easily add multiple serial ports for virtually any system application, including retail, industrial applications, POS, remote access, and data collection.
Expandable COM Ports for Any USB-Compliant System. Whether using a USB-compliant server, desktop, or even a laptop computer, the RocketPort USB Serial Hub III provides "native" COM ports that deliver all of the performance of an in-system card, with speeds up to 230 Kbps, accessible by any application. As serial port needs grow, simply connect additional RocketPort USB Serial Hub III units for additional "native" serial ports!
Simply connect the RocketPort USB Serial Hub III, and install a device driver. Instant serial ports! No add-in cards to install, no DIP switch setting to worry about, no IRQ address conflicts, no I/O addresses to configure, no restarting of your computer. All that's left is to connect your serial device peripherals.
- RocketPort USB Serial Hub III 8-Port Device
- Power Supply
- Cable, USB, A-B
- Comtrol Software & Documentation CD
- Bus Interface SpecificationUSB
- EnclosureBlack Plastic
- LED IndicatorsPower and RX/TX per port
- Dimensions7.825" x 1.625" x 3.625"
19.89 x 4.14 x 9.22 cm
- Product Weight18.72 oz
- Current Consumption +5VDC 500 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum)2.5 W
Comtrol External Power Supply
- Line Frequency47-63 Hz
- Line Voltage90-264 VAC
- Output Voltage5 VDC
- Output Current2.0A
- ESD Surge Protection 4KV
- System On0 to 50° C
- System Off-40 to 70° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing)5% to 95%
- Altitude0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output8.5 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)17.1 Years
- Software Interfaces RS-232
- Baud Rate 300 bps to 230.4 kbps
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Flow Control Hardware & Software
- Manufacturer's Warranty5 Years
- Package Dimensions9.4" x 2.6" x 6.6"
23.88 x 6.6 x 16.76 cm
- UPC Code7-56727-98296-8
Canadian EMC requirements
European Standard EN55022
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class A limit
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
- Safety IEC 60950/EN60950 CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
Other Regulatory Approvals
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Part Number 98296-8
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort USB Serial Hub III family products! View Warranty
|Firmware, Device Drivers, Supporting Documents, and Utilities|