RocketPort ® USB Serial Hub II 4-Port
This RocketPort serial hub provides four RS-232 USB converter ports and is a USB-attached serial expansion device for PC-based servers and client computers, making it the perfect choice if you are looking for serial to USB converters.
Part Number: 98295-1
- Simplified serial-port expansion - add four, individual, highspeed RS-232 serial ports per RocketPort USB Serial Hub
- Fully Compliant with USB Specification v2.0 (Full-Speed)
- Superior application compatibility - serial ports appear as standard COM/TTY ports, accessible by any application
- Complete “out-of-the-box” solution - no need to open chassis or install expansion cards. Simply connect the RocketPort USB Serial Hub II to an available USB port
- Robust serial port interface support - supports all standard serial devices - includes modem control, and hardware and software flow control on all ports
- Quick, easy install—no IRQs, I/O addresses, or DMA channels to configure
- Measures less than 1.75” tall
- Persistent serial port settings—initially installed serial port configuration remains consistent regardless of which USB port is used on the system
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
How to Use this RS-232 USB Converter
Simply connect the RocketPort USB Serial Hub II, and install a device driver. No add-in cards to install, no DIP switch setting to worry about, no IRQ address conflicts, no I/O addresses to configure, no restarting of your computer. All that’s left is to connect your serial device peripherals.
The RocketPort® USB Serial Hub II is a USB-attached 4-port serial expansion device for PC-based servers and client computers. Delivering four RS-232 ports, the RocketPort USB Serial Hub II provides the ideal solution to easily add multiple serial ports for virtually any system application, including retail and industrial applications, POS, remote access, and data collection. This product is fully compliant with the European RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC.
- RocketPort USB Serial Hub II 4-Port Device
- Cable, USB, A-B
- Bus Interface Specification USB
- Enclosure Black Plastic
- LED Indicators Power and RX/TX per port
- Dimensions 7.5" x .875" x 3.0"
19.05 x 22.23 x 7.62 cm
- Product Weight 8.7 oz
- Current Consumption +5VDC 325 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum)1.7 W
- ESD Surge Protection4KV
- Air temperature
- System On0 to 50° C
- System Off-40 to 70° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing)5% to 95%
- Altitude0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output4.5 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)30.7 Years
- Software InterfacesRS-232
- Baud Rate300 bps to 230.4 kbps
- Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits1 or 2
- Flow ControlHardware & Software
- Manufacturer's Warranty5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.97 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.4" x 2.6" x 6.6"
23.88 x 6.6 x 16.76 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-98295-1
- Emissions Canadian EMC requirements ICES-003 CISPR-22
European Standard EN55022 FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
European Standard EN55022: 1998 AS/NZS-3548
- Immunity European Standard EN55024 IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
- Safety IEC 60950/EN60950
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
- Other Regulatory Approvals
- Pinout Diagram
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
|RocketPort ® USB Serial Hub II 4-Port User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Part Number 98295-1
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort USB Serial Hub II family products! View Warranty