RocketPort ® uPCI 8-Port SMPTE Card
The RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE card is discontinued and has been replaced with the RocketPort® EXPRESS 8-Port SMPTE (31320-5). This product page is being maintained for product and support information.
This RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE card has an easy driver configuration, great OS support, DTE-DCE selection on each port, as well as Microsoft WHQL compliant drivers. It supports many SMPTE interfaces for customized solutions.
Part Number: 99515-9
- Provides eight SMPTE 207M expansion ports
- Supports multiple Comtrol SMPTE interface products for custom solutions
- DTE/DCE selectable on each port
- Universal PCI bus
- Robust operating system support
- Microsoft WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) compliant drivers
- Easy driver configuration
Flexible, reliable and high-speed multiport serial expansion
The RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE card provides eight ports of in-server serial connectivity. It can be used in conjunction with the RocketPort uPCI SMPTE Octacable (99490-9), RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE Interface (99505-0) or the RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE Rackmount Interface (99495-4), providing a complete solution for broadcast applications.
The RocketPort SMPTE provides the added flexibility to set the appropriate ports with the DIP switch to DCE or DTE serial communications. It is designed for standard and low-profile PCs and servers.
The RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE Card provides the equipment interface portion of an overall broadcast system, allowing interconnection of programmable and nonprogrammable control and accessory equipment. It allows rapid reconfiguration of a system utilizing up to eight pieces of equipment.
The SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) connections comply with the ANSI/SMPTE 207M-1997 Television –Digital Control Interface – Electrical and Mechanical Characteristics Standard. The RocketPort SMPTE product family supports the SMPTE interface system used for the transfer of data and digital control signals. This system allows the connection of production, post-production and/or data transmission equipment, such as video routers, servers, tape decks, keyboards, dimmer racks, video monitors, headphones and broadcast mixing consoles.
- RocketPort uPCI 8-Port SMPTE
- Board Dimensions 6.3" x 4.0"
16 x 10.2 cm
- Product Weight 4.4 oz
- Current Consumption
- +5VDC 230mA
- Power Consumption (max) 1.1 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 15KV protection for all serial lines.
- Air temperature
- System On 0 to 45° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
0 to 3,048 m
- Heat Output 4.0 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 37.1 Years
- Connector Type N/A (Requires External Interface or Cable)
- Supported Standards SMPTE 207M
- Baud Rate 300 bps to 921.6 kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256 bytes
- Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.0 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.19" x 7.25" x 2.5"
23.3 x 18.4 x 6.4 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99515-9
- ECCN EAR99
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
- Emissions Canadian EMC requirements
European Standard EN55022
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
AS/NZS CISPR 22
- Immunity EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
- Safety IEC 60950/EN60950
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950 Third Edition
- Other European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
- Other Regulatory Approvals
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
|RocketPort ® uPCI 8-Port SMPTE Card User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort uPCI family products!View Warranty