RocketPort ® uPCI 2-Port SMPTE – Bulk
The RocketPort ® uPCI 2-Port SMPTE - Bulk is discontinued and does not have a replacement. This product page is being maintained for product and support information.
The RocketPort 2-Port uPCI SMPTE serial card 50-pack has speeds up to 921 Kbps, and is compatible with all current 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures
Part Number: 99404-6
- Universal PCI design supporting 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures
- I/O mapping capabilities
- Multiport serial expansion using a single slot
- On-board dedicated 44MHz RISC processor
- RS-422 software selectable serial ports
- Edge-mounted serial ports
- Complies with the SMPTE 207M standard
- Transmit buffer 16 times larger, and receive buffers 64 times larger than a 16550 UART
- Robust driver support
The Comtrol RocketPort uPCI 2-Port SMPTE serial port expansion card provides two serial ports utilizing a single 32- or 64-bit PCI card slot and is compatible with all current 3.3 and 5.0 Volt PCI bus architectures. The DB9 serial ports meet the SMPTE 207M standard and support RS-422 serial communications at speeds up to 921 Kbps. Every RocketPort serial card features the high-performance RocketPort ASIC chip, consisting of a dedicated 44MHz processor that minimizes host CPU utilization and larger transmit-and-receive buffers than those of 16550 UART chips used in standard PC serial ports and low-end serial cards. RocketPort ASIC technology enables these cards to outperform other serial expansion cards by handling the transmission of large amounts of data more reliably and efficiently. Additionally, RocketPort products do not require the assignment of interrupts, simplifying installation and eliminating conflicts with other server cards. This product is fully compliant with the European RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC.
- RocketPort uPCI 2 Port SMPTE Bulk Pack Devices
- Loopback Plug
- Maximum Cards/System 4
- Bus Interface Specification PCI PCI-X COMPATIBLE
- Board Dimensions 6.3" x 4.0"
16 x 10.2 cm
- Product Weight 3.7 oz
- +5VDC 190 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 0.9 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 25KV for a duration of 10ns @ 400A.
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
0 to 3,048 m
- Heat Output 3.3 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 77.6 Years
- Supported Interfaces DB9F SMPTE
Baud Rate 300 bps to 921.6 kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256 bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.32 lbs
- Package Dimensions 25.5" x 8.75" x 16.25"
64.8 x 22.2 x 41.3 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99404-6
Canadian EMC requirements
European Standard EN55022 FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B limit
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950 Third Edition
Other Regulatory Approvals
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
|RocketPort ® uPCI 2-Port SMPTE – Bulk User Guide||Contains detailed installation procedures and configuration information.|
Part Number: 99404-6
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort uPCI SMPTE family products!View Warranty