- RJ11 multi-port serial expansion using a single PCI slot maximizes host expansion capabilities; adds additional COM ports using only one slot
- Low-latency communication supporting the widest variety of applications
- RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 software-selectable
- On-board dedicated 44MHz RISC processor minimizes “host” CPU utilization
- Edge-mounted RJ11 serial ports provide cost-effective, compact serial connections
- Transmit and receive buffers 32 times larger than a standard 16550 UART-based serial card ensuring smooth, efficient data transfer
- Support for the most popular Windows operating systems (including Windows® 10) and Linux kernels and QNX 6.X
- Windows driver, which can be configured for interrupt or polling mode
- Free troubleshooting tools in the event you want to diagnose an issue: Hardware diagnostics, LCOM (Linux tool for testing serial ports), Comtrol Utility, which includes Test Terminal (WCOM2) for serial port testing and Port Monitor for monitoring ports
Comtrol’s RocketPort INFINITY 8J serial port expansion card provides eight “native” serial ports utilizing a single PCIe card slot and is compatible with all PCI Infinity bus architectures. The RJ11 serial ports, mounted on the edge of the card, support software configurable RS-232/422/485 serial communications at speeds up to 921.6 Kbps. Product is fully compatible with systems that have 32 or 64 bit 3.3 or 5 volt PCI and PCI-X expansion slots. The INFINITY design utilizes the Comtrol Unity ASIC technology that takes full advantage of the 66 MHz BUS speed available on PCI-X servers.
Every RocketPort serial card features the high-performance RocketPort processor chip, consisting of a dedicated 44MHz core that minimizes host CPU utilization and optimizes data transmission via larger transmitand- receive buffers than those of 16550 UART chips, commonly used in standard PC serial ports and low-end serial cards.
RocketPort technology enables these cards to outperform other serial expansion cards by handling the transmission of large amounts of data more reliably and efficiently.
Certified Windows drivers, support for the most popular operating systems, and readily available U.S.-based support makes the RocketPort 8J the perfect solution for projects requiring PC-based serial communication.
- RocketPort Infinity 8J card
- 1 RJ11 Test Plug
- Maximum Cards/System 4
- Bus Interface SpecificationUNIVERSAL PCI PCI-X COMPATIBLE
- Board Dimensions 4.7" x 4.0"
- Product Weight 3.2 oz
- Current Consumption
- +3.3VDC 426 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 1.4 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 15KV for all serial lines
- Air temperature
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 4.8 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)61.7 Years
- Connector TypeRJ11
- Supported StandardsRS-232/422/485
- Baud Rate 300 bps to 921.6 kbps
- Receive Buffer 512 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 512 bytes
- Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 5, 6, 7, or 8
- Parity Odd, Even, None, Mark and Space
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control Hardware or Software
- Ring Indicator No
- Packaged Shipping Weight0.70 lb
- Package Dimensions 10 1/4" x 7 1/2" x 2 3/4"
- UPC Code 7-56727-30027-4
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
- Emissions European Standard EN55022
Canadian EMC requirements
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
- Immunity European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
- Safety IEC 60950/EN60950
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
- Other Regulatory Approvals
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort EXPRESS family products!