- 25KV ESD protection - added protection against damage from static discharge and near miss lighting strikes
- Low-profile or standard height compatible
- DB9 male connectors
- Communications speeds-up-to 460Kbps
The next generation RocketPort 8-Port Surge Interface has eight DB9M connections that can be configured for RS-232/422/485 serial communications at speeds-up-to 460Kbps. The surge interface provides 25KV surge protection on the serial ports. The interface also contains an additional connection for the host interface cable. This product is not usable with older RocketPort ISA, PCI, or uPCI products, and is only suitable for use with the RocketPort INFINITY PCI-X and RocketPort EXPRESS PCI-E products.
- RocketPort 8 Port DB9M Surge Interface Device
- Loopback Plug
- Rubber Bumpers & Mounting Brackets
- Dimensions 4.6" x 0.9" x 5.5"
11.68 x 2.29 x 13.97 cm
- Product Weight 15.1 oz
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 25KV protection for all serial lines.
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 59.3 Years
- Connector Type (8) DB9M
- Supported Standards RS-232
RS-485 Half-Duplex (2-wire)
RS-485 Full-Duplex (4-wire)
- Baud Rate 300 bps to 460.8 kbps
Device Driver Data Control
- Ring Indicator YES
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.52bs
- Package Dimensions 9.25" x 2.5" x 7.25"
23.5 x 6.35 x 18.42 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-30045-8
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN EAR99
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55022
FCC PART 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
AS/NZS CISPR 22
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
IEC 60950/EN60950 (RECOGNIZED)
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
Other Regulatory Approvals
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
Part Number: 30045-8
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort Interfaces (unity chip) family products!View Warranty