RocketLinx ® MC5001 Single-Mode Serial to Fiber
Looking for a converter for RS 232, 422 and 485? The RocketLinx MC5001 is designed to extend RS 232, RS 422 or RS 485 serial communications across a fiber media link using two converters and is a 1-port serial to fiber media converter. It features simple DIP switch configuration, an extended operating temperature range, and a large input voltage range.
Cabling to the product is attached through direct wire screw terminal blocks for serial and power, and ST connectors for fiber connections. The product is encased in a rugged IP30 rated enclosure suitable for panel or DIN rail mounting.
Part Number: 32000-5
- 3-in-1 serial fiber media converter to RS485/422/232
- Easy DIP switch configuration to change serial modes
- Serial to fiber media converters supports Single-Mode 40KM
- Peer-to-Peer or serial fiber ring transmission mode for serial fiber ring communication
- Automatic baud rate detection, selection, and direction
- Baud rate of up to 921Kpbs
- High level immunity with 15KV ESD protection
- Two-way 120 ohm line terminator embedded
- Dual modes for power input, 24VAC (12 to 32VAC) or 24VDC(12 to 48VDC) with Polarity reverse protection
- -20° to 70°C operating temperature for hazardous environment applications
The RocketLinx MC5001 is a 1-port serial to fiber media converter designed to extend RS-232/422/485 serial communications across a fiber media link using two converters. This product features simple DIP switch configuration, an extended operating temperature range from -20° to 70ºC, and a wide input voltage range. Cabling to the product is attached via direct wire screw terminal blocks for serial and power, and ST connectors for fiber connections. The product is packaged in a rugged IP30 rated enclosure suitable for panel or DIN rail mounting.
Single-Mode fiber optic ports meet the needs for long distance transmission up to 40KM. RocketLinx MC5001 automatically detects the data baud rate of the connected full-duplex serial device, up to 921Kbps.
The RocketLinx MC5001 supports two transmission configurations, Peer-to-Peer in half-/full-duplex and Serial Fiber Ring (SFR) in half-duplex. In a Peer-to-Peer configuration, two fibers are required between the two converters, one for data in each direction (RX and TX). To expand the number of connected serial devices, and extend transmission distance, the MC5001 can link to each other as a ring architechture in SFR (serial fiber ring) mode.
- RocketLinx MC5001 Single-Mode Serial to Fiber Converter
- Quick Installation Guide
- DIN Rail Mounting Kit
- Rubber Bumpers
- Enclosure IP30 grade aluminum metal case
- Installation Method Panel Mountable or DIN Rail
- LED Indicators POWER, Serial Data Transmit, Serial Data Receive, Serial Fiber Ring
- Dimensions 4.5" x 1.0" x 3.8"
11.43 x 2.54 x 9.65 cm
- Product Weight 0.32 lbs
- DC Input Voltage 12 to 48VDC
- AC Input Voltage 12 to 32VAC, 50/60Hz
- Current Consumption +24VDC 65 mA
- Power Consumption (Max) 1.5W
- Power Connector Type (1) 3-Pin Screw Terminal Block
- Reverse Polarity Protection Protection Against Power Input Reversal
- Over Current Protection 0.65A Over Current Protection
- ESD Surge Protection Provides Minimum of 15KV Protection for All Serial Lines.
- System On -20 to 70°C
- System Off -40 to 80°C
- Operating Humidity (Non-Condensing) 5% to 95%
- Heat Output 5.1 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 55.3 Years
- Connector Type (1) 7-Pin Screw Terminal Block
- Software Interfaces RS-232 (TxD, RxD, GND)
RS-422 4-Wire (TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, GND)
RS-485 Half-Duplex (Data+, Data-, GND)
RS-485 Full-Duplex (TxD+, TxD-, RxD+,RxD-, GND)
- Baud Rate 300 to 921.6Kbps
Serial Link Distance
- RS-232 50 Feet
- RS-422 4000 Feet
- RS-485 4000 Feet
- RS-232 50 Feet
Optical Fiber Specifications
- Fiber Mode Single-Mode
- Connector Type (2) ST
- Fiber Ports (1) Fiber TX Port
(1) Fiber RX Port
- Fiber Cable Type 8/125um, 9/125um, or 10/125um
- Link Distance (Max) 40KM with 9/125um
- Wave Length 1310nm
- Transmit (TX) Power (Min) -9 dBM
- Transmit (TX) Power (Max) -8 dBM
- Receive (RX) Sensitivity (Min) -27 dBM
- Link Budget 18 dBM
- PTP Mode Peer-to-Peer Wiring in Full-Duplex or Half-Duplex
- SFR Mode Serial Fiber Ring in Half-Duplex
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.60 lbs
- Package Dimensions 6.0" x 2.5" x 5.0"
15.24 x 6.35 x 12.7 cm
- UPC Code 7-56727-32000--5
- Country of Origin Taiwan
- ECCN 5A991
- Schedule B Number 8517.62.0050
European Standard EN55022
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
- Other Regulatory Approvals European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
Part Number: 32000-5
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum .
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketLinx products! View Warranty
|Quick Install Guide|