RocketLinx MC5001 RS 232 Converter Highlights:
- 3-in-1 serial fiber media converter to RS485/422/232
- Easy DIP switch configuration to change serial modes
- Serial to fiber media converters supports Single-Mode 40KM
- Peer-to-Peer or serial fiber ring transmission mode for serial fiber ring communication
- Automatic baud rate detection, selection, and direction
- Baud rate of up to 921Kpbs
- High level immunity with 15KV ESD protection
- Two-way 120 ohm line terminator embedded
- Dual modes for power input, 24VAC (12 to 32VAC) or 24VDC(12 to 48VDC) with Polarity reverse protection
- -20° to 70°C operating temperature for hazardous environment applications
If you are looking to increase the number of connected serial devices, and extend transmission distance, multiple MC5001 units can connect to each other as a ring architecture in SFR (serial fiber ring) mode. The RocketLinx MC5001 supports two transmission configurations, Peer-to-Peer in half/full-duplex and Serial Fiber Ring (SFR) in half-duplex. With a Peer-to-Peer configuration, two fibers are needed between the two converters, one for data in both directions (RX and TX).
RocketLinx MC5001 – RS 232 Converter Product Specifics?
For a full list of Hardware, electrical, environmental and serial, optical fiber specifications be sure to check out the specifications tab located at the bottom of this page. Download the product PDF for a full description of the RocketLinx MC5001.