Device Server Firmware Applications
Comtrol provides standard firmware applications that can be loaded onto the Devicemaster RTS, PRO, Serial Hub, and UP models. These firmware applications provide a wide variety of serial to Ethernet connectivity.
All applications support a number of common features. Depending on the chassis model, the following options are available:
- RS-232,RS-422, RS-485 (standard two wire, 4 wire master, 4 wire slave)
- A wide range of baud rates from 300 to 230,400.
- Standard serial options including: Parity, Data bit length, Stop bits, Flow control, and configurable inter character timeouts.
SocketServer provides highly flexible Ethernet TCP/IP and Ethernet UDP connectivity to serial devices.
- One highly configurable Ethernet TCP/IP connection per serial port.
- Up to eight Ethernet UDP connections per serial port with RX/TX directional control.
- Telnet Com Port Control (RFC 2217)
Combined with the NS-Link drivers, the NS-Link firmware provides true COM port connectivity to Windows and Linux based systems. Installation is quick and easy. Once installed, the COM ports provide very robust and versatile remote connectivity.
The Modbus Server firmware provides innovative Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connectivity. The functionality includes:
- Connectivity of up to six applications communicating with Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP per serial port.
- Support for up to 255 Modbus/RTU devices per serial port.
- Advanced device specific and port specific diagnostic web pages.
- A serial log web page.
- Combined with a serial port redirector, can support up to six COM port connections to each serial port.
View more information on Modbus Server