The DeviceMaster EIP Gateway provides highly flexible EtherNet/IP connectivity to serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices.
The DeviceMaster EIP provides connectivity from a wide variety of EtherNet/IP controllers and applications to a vast array of serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices. With this gateway, you can connect virtually any EtherNet/IP based PLC, SCADA, HMI, OPC Server or other controller to ASCII interface barcode scanners, RFID readers, printers, encoders, weigh scales, vision systems and many others.
The DeviceMaster EIP’s embedded web pages provide many capabilities not found in standard gateways. It can be configured to most any environment in just minutes. Diagnostics pages greatly simplify maintenance and trouble shooting. System web pages provide the tools to update firmware, backup and restore configurations, and selectively restore defaults.
The included PortVision Plus remote management and configuration software makes it a simple task to detect and manage every DeviceMaster on the network. It can also be used for facilitating firmware updates, troubleshooting, and remote administration.
- Allen Bradley/Rockwell ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix, SLC 5/05, PLC-5, and MicroLogix
- Omron: NJ and select CJ series
- Schneider Electric: select Modicon series and LMC058
- Panasonic: FP7 series
- Mitsubishi: select Q series
- AutomationDirect: Productivity 1000, 2000, 3000. Do-more H2-DM1E
- B&R: X20 system
- CodeSys: Soft PLCs
- Many other PLCs, Scada Systems, OPC Servers, HMIs
- Most every controller that operates as an EtherNet/IP scanner
- Connectivity – EtherNet/IP to serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices.
- Four methods of receive communication (to the PLC) —Class1, Write-to-Tag/File, Write-to-Tag/File-Synced, and Polling
- Two methods of transmit communication (from PLC) – Class1, PLC Writes (via MSG instruction)
- Maximum of 128 connections – TCP/IP and UDP
- Low-latency updates of received packets to PLC memory. Typically less than 10 ms in Write-to-Tag/File
- Connectivity to high-speed devices. Supports message rates as high as:
- 100 updates per second in Class1 receive mode
- 50 updates per second Write-to-Tag/File receive mode
- Large received packet support – up to 1518 bytes serial and 2048 bytes Ethernet TCP/IP
- Large Class 1 connection size – maximum of 14,264 bytes
- Received packet size control – truncate or drop oversized packets
- Message Throttling – ensures PLC can process each received data packet
- Intelligent packet identification – start and end of transmission character detection/appending
- Filtering – String filtering, Barcode and RFID filtering and data extraction
- DualConnectPlus technology – simultaneously connect PLCs and Ethernet TCP/IP applications to the serial and or Ethernet TCP/IP devices
- Advanced Embedded Web Pages:
- Configuration – Serial and Ethernet device interfaces, Network, EtherNet/IP stack, Security
- Diagnostics – Serial and Ethernet device statistics and logs, PLC diagnostics, System log
- System – Update firmware, Configuration file save/load, System Snapshot, Restore Defaults
- Vendor Specific CIP objects—configuration, data transfer, and statistics