Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 Solutions
IO-Link technology enables Industry 4.0 and IIoT Solutions. IIoT benefits with direct sensor connection through OPC UA.
Download the Industry 4.0 and IIoT Solutions PDF.
|Learn more about how IO-Link Masters Enable Industry 4.0 and IIoT||Learn how MultiLink™ provides IO-Link device access to multiple controllers|
Enabling Industry 4.0 with OPC UA
Comtrol’s IO-Link Masters to simultaneously provide a sensors Process data to PLC platforms, while also sending the sensors ISDU Service and Process data via Modbus TCP or OPC-UA upstream to IIoT/Industrie 4.0 Cloud solutions or SCADA systems.
Benefits of OPC UA
- No PLC required
- The IO-Link Master OPC UA series combines the benefits of the IO-Link standard, OPC UA and additional use of EtherNet/IP™, Modbus TCP and PROFINET IO protocols simultaneously.
- Comtrol’s IO-Link Master allows you to solely use OPC UA, without a PLC involved, which saves on hardware and software costs.
- Send IO-Link or Digital device information directly up to software systems such as Ignition, Xetics, GE Proficy, Wonderware, Iconics, or any other client software supporting OPC UA.
- Open architecture
- IIoT and Industry 4.0 enabled
- Simultaneous connection using
- EtherNet/IP, OPC UA and Modbus TCP
- Profinet, OPC UA and Modbus TCP
- Provide sensor data to monitor machine efficiency
- Countless application possibilities
OPC UA Provides Sensor Data Analytics
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol’s IO-Link Gateway User Benefits
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol, a company with a long history of industrial data communication solutions, is pleased to introduce the industry’s highest density IO-Link Master gateway. Easily integrate the IO-Link Master into a system network with existing and new industrial Ethernet installations.
- Increase sensor data availability to multiple software hosts
- Reduce maintenance and cabling costs
- Reduce PLC programming times
- System integration and interoperability for SCADA; process controllers
- Complete set of network management tools
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol’s IO-Link gateways support both Class 1 and Class 3 EtherNet/IP™ as well as Modbus TCP and PROFINET IO. The gateways are compatible with a vast array of PLCs, both new and old.
- Any Modbus enabled PLC, HMI, SCADA that can run as a Modbus TCP Master (Client)
- Any Modbus TCP Client (including apps on phones/tablets)
- PLC Controller Supported:
- Rockwell Automation
- Schneider Electric