DeviceMaster ® RTS 4-Port DB9
New Model Available
View the updated product.
For new projects, we recommend our latest model.
This industrial grade DeviceMaster RTS 4-Port DB9 Ethernet device server is designed for network-enabling serial communications devices, and delivers proven DeviceMaster performance
Part Number: 99445-9
- No serial cable distance limitations
- RS-232/422/485 software selectable interfaces
- Application compatibility via Windows and Linux certified drivers
- Web-based configuration
- Dual Ethernet ports for daisy-chaining devices
- PortVision DX
- Enables DIN rail or panel mounting
- Wide operating temperature (-40° to 75°C)
- Configuration management via SSL & SSH
- SSL/TLS serial data stream encryption up to TLS 1.2
- TLS 1.2 compliant when running SocketServer
- Wide input power range
- IPv6 support
- Real-time email event notification
The Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol DeviceMaster RTS 4-Port DB9 is a four-port device server designed for network-enabling serial communications devices. When used with the included NS-Link™ driver software and a host PC, the DeviceMaster RTS enables placement of COM or TTY ports anywhere on an Ethernet network or across the Internet. In applications where connecting legacy serial devices to a PC without software changes is a requirement, a pair of DeviceMaster RTS units can be used to create a point-to-point serial tunnel across the network that seamlessly transfers serial data via TCP or UDP socket connections.
- DeviceMaster RTS 4 Port DB9 Device
- Power Supply
- US Power Cord
- Euro Power Cord
- Loopback Plug
- Rubber Bumpers, Mounting Brackets, & Screws
- Bus Interface Specification 10/100 BASE-T ETHERNET
- SDRAM 32 MB
- Flash 8 MB
- Enclosure Black Powder Coated Finished Steel
- Installation Method Panel Mountable
- LED Indicators100Mb Ethernet, Collision, Ethernet Link/Activity, Device Status, and RX/TX Per Port
- Dimensions 10.8" x 6.3" x 1.5"
275 x 160 x 38.1 mm
- Product Weight3.3 lbs
- Input Voltage Requirements 9-30 VDC
Power Consumption (max)
- Input90 - 264VAC @ 47 - 63Hz
- Output24VDC @ 1A
- ESD Surge ProtectionProvides minimum of 15KV for a duration of 1ns @ 200A. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection in addition tothe surge protection levels specified.
- System On -40 to 75° C
- System Off -40 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 16.4 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)35.5 Years
- Connector Type DB9M
- Number of Ports 4
- Software Selectable InterfacesRS-232
RS-485, 4-wire, Master
RS-485, 4-wire, Slave
Baud Rate 300 bps to 230.4 kbps
- Receive Buffer4.5 KB
- Transmit Buffer4.5 KB
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, Mark, Space or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control Hardware, Software, or None
- Number of Ports 2
- Connector Type RJ45F
- Ethernet specific featuresEthernet packet switching, Auto Negotiation, Auto MDI/MDI-X and Daisy Chaining
- Network ProtocolsARP, BOOTP, DHCP/RARP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL/TLS, ICMP, RFC 1006 (ISO over TCP), SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP & UDP socket services, Telnet, TFTP and supports IP multicast data transmission
- SNMP Support Monitoring only.
- Other Software FeaturesWindows Serial COM ports with SSL support
Linux Serial TTY ports
Windows Secure COM Port redirector
TCP/IP & UDP Socket Services
SSL / SSH Security Layers
Telnet / RFC2217 COM Port control
PortVision DX remote management
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- IncludesPower Supply
US Power cord
Euro Power cord
Loopback test plug
Rubber bumpers, mounting brackets, & screws
Qty of 4 terminal pins
- Packaged Shipping Weight6.6lbs
- Package Dimensions 14.9" x 10.9" x 4"
378.5 x 276.9 x 101.6 mm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99445-9
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A991
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
- Microsoft® Windows®Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019
Microsoft® Windows® XP, and Vista (Legacy)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003, 2003 R2, and 2008 (Legacy)
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class A limit
Canadian EMC requirements ICES-003
European Standard EN55022
- ImmunityEuropean Standard EN55024
- SafetyIEC 60950/EN60950
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
- OtherEuropean Standard: 2015/863/EU (RoHS 3) Directive.
NEMA TS2 Compliant
- Other Regulatory Approvals
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
Part Number 99445-9
Call +1.330.486.0001, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.330.486.0001, or visit our forum .
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster DM family products!
|Firmware, Device Drivers, Supporting Documents, and Utilities|