The DeviceMaster PNIO-2202 brings plant floor device visibility by enabling communication between factory floor devices and PLC controllers. DeviceMaster PNIO Industrial Ethernet gateway offers a solution that configures in minutes via the web, allowing you to support PROFINET IO. The DeviceMaster PNIO-2202 provides an RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 software-selectable serial connection to an Industrial Ethernet network.
The DeviceMaster UP provides the following communication modes:
- PROFINET IO to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- TCP/IP Socket Communication
The easy-to-use configuration makes upgrades for plant floor global visibility faster and more economical than ever before. The DeviceMaster PNIO-2202 enables managers to leverage legacy devices and boost ROI, while reducing PLC programming and maintenance costs with simplified PLC interfaces. Supported PLCs: Siemens SIMATIC S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, S7-1500, and ET 200 CPUs that support the extended PROFINET diagnostics.
Simultaneously connect both serial and Ethernet devices to PLCs.
- DIN-rail mounting and two serial ports with secure screw terminal connections
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-37º C to 74º C)
- Surge protection for serial ports
- Variable power input
- Support for PROFINET IO and TCP/IP(sockets)
- PROFINET Certification
- SSL & SSH management, SSL serial data stream encryption
- DeviceMaster PNIO-2202
- Bus Interface Specification 10/100BASE-T
- SDRAM 8 MB
- Flash 4 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- LED Indicators ETHERNET ACTIVITY, ETHERNET LINK, and STATUS
- Dimensions 4.37" x 3.9" x .89"
- Product Weight 4.6 oz
- DC Input Voltage 5-30V
- Current Consumption +24VDC 60 mA
- Power Consumption (max) 1.5 W
- ESD Surge Protection Minimum 25KV for all serial lines. All ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -37° C to 74° C
- System Off -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10000 Feet
- Heat Output 5.0 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 58.57 Years
- Connector TypeScrew Terminal Blocks
- Number of Ports2
- Software Selectable Interfaces RS-232
RS485 4-Wire Master
RS-485 4-Wire Slave
Baud Rate 300 bps to 230.4 Kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256bytes
Serial Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5 (with 5 data bits), or 2
- Flow Control None, RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, or Half-duplex
- *Stop bit 1.5: Supported only when used with 5 data bits
- Network Protocols ARP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, ICMP, Ping, RARP, RFC 1006 (ISO over TCP), RFC 2217, SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP, Telnet, TFTP, and UDP socket services
- Connector Type RJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- Number of Ports 1
PROFINET IO Features
- Supported PLCs Including but not limited to:
Siemens SIMATIC S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, S7-1500, and ET 200 CPUs that support the extended PROFINET diagnostics (listed here)
- Key Features• Connectivity – connect serial and Ethernet TCP/IP devices to PROFINET IO controllers and TCP/IP applications
• 8ms to 512ms IO cycle update time – supports high-speed devices and also ensures PLC can process each received data packet
• Intelligent packet identification – start and end of transmission character detection/removing/appending
• Received packet size control – truncate, drop, or save oversized packets as record data
• Large received packet support – up to 1518 bytes serial and 2048 bytes Ethernet TCP/IP
• Shared Device function – different ports can be shared between two PLCs
- GSDML fileYes
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.91 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.25" x 2.5" x 7.25"
- UPC Code 7-56727-99534-0
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A991
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
FCC PART 15 SUBPART B
CLASS A LIMIT
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN55022
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
Other Regulatory Approvals
European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
NEMA TS2 COMPLIANT
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum at http://forum.comtrol.com/.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster products! Extended Warranty Available.