New Model Available
View the updated product.
For new projects, we recommend our latest model.
1-Port serial device server with DB9 connectors and one Ethernet port
Simultaneously connect both serial and Modbus devices to PLCs and/or applications. Or DeviceMaster MOD-2304 brings plant floor device visibility by enabling communications between factory floor serial and Modbus devices, and PLC controllers.
Part Number: 99612-5
- DIN rail mounting and DB9 connections
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-40º C to 75º C)
- Surge protection for serial ports
- Wide DC Input Voltage Power (5 - 30VDC)
- Support for Modbus Router, Modbus/TCP, or Modbus Server
- Dual Ethernet ports for daisy chaining network connections between multiple units
- Four serial ports with DB9M
- DualConnectPlus™ technology
- SSL & SSH management, SSL serial data stream encryption
- Software Controllable integrated 120Ω Termination Resistor for both the Transmit and Receive side in RS-422/485 Mode
- NEMA TS2 Certified
- UL Safety Certified
The DeviceMaster MOD Modbus provides an RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 software-selectable serial connection to an Industrial Ethernet network.
Simultaneously connect both serial and Ethernet devices to PLCs and/or applications with DualConnectPlus™ technology. String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters.
- DeviceMaster MOD-2304
- Installation Quick Start
- DB9 Loopback plug
- Interface Specification 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
- SDRAM 32 MB
- Flash 8 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- Network Protocols AvailableModbus Router (default)
- LED IndicatorsStatus, Ethernet Port Link and Activity
- Dimensions 4.6" x 3.9" x 1.8"
116.8 x 99.1 x 45.7 mm
- Product Weight 0.45lbs
- Input Voltage Requirements 5-30VDC
- Power Consumption (Maximum)3.0 Watts
- Power Input Redundancy Dual Redundant Power Input
- ESD Surge ProtectionProvided minimum of 25KV protection on all serial lines. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -40 to 75° C
- System Off -40 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 0% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)42.3 Years
- Connector Type DB9 Male
- Number of Ports 4
- Serial Interfaces RS-232
RS-485 4-Wire (Master/Slave)
- Termination Resistor for RS422/485Software controllable 120Ω termination resistors available for each transmit and receive differential pair on every port. The 120Ω termination resistors can be enabled between TX+ and TX- OR RX+ and RX- or both on every port
Baud Rate 300 to 230Kbps
- Receive Buffer 4.5KB
- Transmit Buffer 4.5KB
Serial Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control None, RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, or Half-duplex
- *Stop bit 1.5: Supported only when used with 5 data bits
- Number of Ports2
- Connector TypeRJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- LEDEthernet Link (Green)
Ethernet Activity (Amber)
- Ethernet Specific FeaturesEthernet packet switching, Auto Negotiation, Link/Activity Status LED
- Network ProtocolsARP, BOOTP, DHCP/RARP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL/TLS, SNMP (MIB-II), Telnet, and TFTP, and supports IP multicast data transmission
- DescriptionPure Modbus, multiple Modbus master and slave types , remote, local, and private devices
- Supported InterfacesPLCs, SCADA systems, HMIs, OPC servers and applications
- Web Page Configuration• Master-to-master connectivity via the Shared Memory sub-system
• Private Modbus serial bus support designed to restrict access to private Modbus devices
• Connectivity from serial Modbus masters to Modbus/TCP networks
• The ability to connect multiple types of Modbus masters to Modbus slave device(s)
• Convert from one form of Modbus, such as Modbus/TCP, to Modbus/RTU or Modbus/ASCII
• Provide connectivity from a serial Modbus master to a remote Modbus slave device
• Eliminate Modbus device ID conflicts and solve device ID configuration problems
• Enable Modbus security by blocking write messages in Read-Only Mode
• Device ID to Modbus/TCP slave via configurable IP address and TCP/IP port
• Modbus Network Bridging support
- DiagnosticsLocal and remote slave device and port specific diagnostic web pages that display status, message response timing, timeout and other error counts, and overall message statistics. A serial log is also included to provide message level diagnosis.
- DescriptionModbus/RTU over Ethernet master(s) to serial slave(s)
- Supported InterfacesOPC Servers and Applications that require Modbus/RTU communication over Com ports or Ethernet TCP/IP connections
- Web Page Configuration• Supports Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to the corresponding serial port via intelligent Modbus message handling and routing.
• Supports only Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to a serial port. For Modbus/TCP functionality, please see the DeviceMaster UP.
• Supports up to six Ethernet TCP/IP connections to each serial port.
• Supports up to 255 Modbus devices per port. Both valid, (1-247), and reserved, (248-255), device ids are supported
• Modbus/RTU specific message handling: ◦CRC verification of all messages received on the TCP/IP and serial interfaces
• Timing out of responses from slave Modbus/RTU devices
• Broadcast message handling on connected port only
• System monitoring to ensure gateway operation:
• Gateway busy
• Application message timeouts
• Combined with a serial port redirector, such as the Comtrol Secure Port Redirector, can support up to six COM port connections to each serial port
- Diagnostics• Modbus device specific statistics, response timing, and status. Up to 255 devices per serial port can be monitored simultaneously.
• Serial port specific statistics and status
• Serial port message logging
- Supported InterfacesPLC, SCADA system, HMI, or OPC Server
- Supported Controllers• Modbus/TCP masters and slaves
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial masters and slaves
• Applications over Ethernet TCP/IP connections (raw/ASCII only)
- Supported Devices• Raw/ASCII devices, both serial and Ethernet TCP/IP, such as barcode scanners, vision systems, RFID readers, weigh scales, encoders and printers
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial slaves
- Recommended Installations• Connectivity to serial and/or Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
• Connectivity to Modbus/RTU and/or Modbus/ASCII serial devices
• Connecting single or multiple Modbus masters and/or applications to the devices
• Automatic Modbus protocol translations (if needed)
- Web Page Configuration• Highly flexible, with an emphasis on Raw/ASCII devices
• Also supports Modbus RTU/ASCII slave devices
• Connect Raw/ASCII devices to Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial controllers
• Automatic protocol conversions and routing
• Connect Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial masters to Modbus RTU/ASCII serial slaves
• Many unique Raw/ASCII handling features
• Simultaneously connect multiple Modbus masters to individual devices
• Modbus message Alias Device ID conversions
- Sample PLC ProgramsYes
- SNMP SupportMonitoring Only
- Other Software FeaturesPortVision DX remote management
- Manufacturer's Warranty5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.85lbs
- Package Dimensions 5-11/16" x 5-11/16" x 3 3/8"
144.46 x 144.46 x 85.73 mm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99612-5
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A992
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
FCC Part 15 Subpart B: Class A limit
Canadian EMC Requirements: ICES-003
European Standard EN61000-6-4
European Standard EN55022
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN61000-6-2
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient/Burst
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
UL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-201
CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1-12
CSA C22.2 No. 61010-2-201:14
Other Regulatory Approvals
European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
NEMA TS2 COMPLIANT
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
Part Number: 99612-5
Call +1.330.486.0001, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.330.486.0001, or visit our forum .
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster products!
|Firmware, Device Drivers, Supporting Documents, and Utilities|