New Model Available
View the updated product.
For new projects, we recommend our latest model.
1-Port serial device server with DB9 connectors and one Ethernet port
Simultaneously connect both serial and Modbus devices to PLCs and/or applications.
Part Number: 99602-6
The DeviceMaster Modbus model provides the following communication modes:
- Modbus/TCP to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU
- Modbus/TCP to raw serial data
- Modbus/RTU Device (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol has developed three unique Modbus firmware applications that provide a wide range of Modbus connectivity. Simple connections or complex Modbus networks, you can do it all with a DeviceMaster MOD-2101. The DeviceMaster MOD-2101 is loaded with Modbus Router firmware but you can load either Modbus TCP or Modbus Server, depending on your requirements.
- DIN-rail mounting and screw terminal connections
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-40º C to 75º C)
- Surge protection for serial ports
- Wide DC input voltage range (5-30VDC)
- Support for Modbus/TCP
- Single DB9 serial port
- DualConnectPlus™ technology
- Secure SSL & SSH management
- Software Controllable integrated 120Ω Termination Resistor for both the Transmit and Receive side in RS-422/485 Mode
- NEMA TS2 Certified
- UL Safety Certified
Simultaneously connect both serial and Ethernet devices to PLCs and/or applications with DualConnectPlus™ technology. String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters.
- DeviceMaster MOD-2101
- Interface Specification 10/100BASE-T
- SDRAM 32 MB
- Flash 8 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- LED Indicators Status, Ethernet Port Link and Activity
- Dimensions 4.52" x 3.9" x 0.9"
114.81 x 99.1 x 22.86 mm
- Product Weight0.25 lbs
- Input Voltage Requirements5-30VDC
- Power Consumption (Max.)1.5 Watts
- Power Input RedundancyDual Redundant Power Input
- ESD Surge ProtectionProvides minimum of 25KV protection for all serial lines. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -40 to 75° C
- System Off -40 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 0% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 61.4 Years
- Connector TypeDB9M
- Number of Ports1
- Software Selectable Interfaces RS-232
RS-485 4-wire, Master
RS-485 4-wire, Slave
- Termination Resistor for RS232/485Software controllable 120Ω termination resistors available for each transmit and receive differential pair on every port. The 120Ω termination resistors can be enabled between TX+ and TX- OR RX+ and RX- or both on every port
Baud Rate 300 bps to 230Kbps
- Receive Buffer 4.5KB
- Transmit Buffer 4.5KB
Serial Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control None, RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, or Half-duplex
- *Stop bit 1.5: Supported only when used with 5 data bits
- Number of Ports 1
- Speed 10/100Mbps
- Connector Type RJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- LEDEthernet Link (Green)
Ethernet Activity (Amber)
- Ethernet specific featuresEthernet packet switching, Auto Negotiation, Link/Activity Status LED
- Network ProtocolsARP, BOOTP, DHCP/RARP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL/TLS, SNMP (MIB-II), Telnet, and TFTP, and supports IP multicast data transmission
- DescriptionPure Modbus, multiple Modbus master and slave types , remote, local, and private devices
- Supported InterfacesPLCs, SCADA systems, HMIs, OPC servers and applications
- Web Page Configuration• Master-to-master connectivity via the Shared Memory sub-system
• Private Modbus serial bus support designed to restrict access to private Modbus devices
• Connectivity from serial Modbus masters to Modbus/TCP networks
• The ability to connect multiple types of Modbus masters to Modbus slave device(s)
• Convert from one form of Modbus, such as Modbus/TCP, to Modbus/RTU or Modbus/ASCII
• Provide connectivity from a serial Modbus master to a remote Modbus slave device
• Eliminate Modbus device ID conflicts and solve device ID configuration problems
• Enable Modbus security by blocking write messages in Read-Only Mode
• Device ID to Modbus/TCP slave via configurable IP address and TCP/IP port
• Modbus Network Bridging support
- DiagnosticsLocal and remote slave device and port specific diagnostic web pages that display status, message response timing, timeout and other error counts, and overall message statistics. A serial log is also included to provide message level diagnosis.
- DescriptionModbus/RTU over Ethernet master(s) to serial slave(s)
- Supported InterfacesOPC Servers and Applications that require Modbus/RTU communication over Com ports or Ethernet TCP/IP connections
- Web Page Configuration• Supports Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to the corresponding serial port via intelligent Modbus message handling and routing.
• Supports only Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to a serial port. For Modbus/TCP functionality, please see the DeviceMaster UP.
• Supports up to six Ethernet TCP/IP connections to each serial port.
• Supports up to 255 Modbus devices per port. Both valid, (1-247), and reserved, (248-255), device ids are supported
• Modbus/RTU specific message handling: ◦CRC verification of all messages received on the TCP/IP and serial interfaces
• Timing out of responses from slave Modbus/RTU devices
• Broadcast message handling on connected port only
• System monitoring to ensure gateway operation:
• Gateway busy
• Application message timeouts
• Combined with a serial port redirector, such as the Comtrol Secure Port Redirector, can support up to six COM port connections to each serial port
- Diagnostics• Modbus device specific statistics, response timing, and status. Up to 255 devices per serial port can be monitored simultaneously.
• Serial port specific statistics and status
• Serial port message logging
- Supported InterfacesPLC, SCADA system, HMI, or OPC Server
- Supported Controllers• Modbus/TCP masters and slaves
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial masters and slaves
• Applications over Ethernet TCP/IP connections (raw/ASCII only)
- Supported Devices• Raw/ASCII devices, both serial and Ethernet TCP/IP, such as barcode scanners, vision systems, RFID readers, weigh scales, encoders and printers
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial slaves
- Recommended Installations• Connectivity to serial and/or Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
• Connectivity to Modbus/RTU and/or Modbus/ASCII serial devices
• Connecting single or multiple Modbus masters and/or applications to the devices
• Automatic Modbus protocol translations (if needed)
- Web Page Configuration• Highly flexible, with an emphasis on Raw/ASCII devices
• Also supports Modbus RTU/ASCII slave devices
• Connect Raw/ASCII devices to Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial controllers
• Automatic protocol conversions and routing
• Connect Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial masters to Modbus RTU/ASCII serial slaves
• Many unique Raw/ASCII handling features
• Simultaneously connect multiple Modbus masters to individual devices
• Modbus message Alias Device ID conversions
- Sample PLC ProgramsYes
- SNMP Support MONITORING ONLY
- Other Software FeaturesLowest Latency
NS-Link COM/TTY port redirector
TCP/IP & UDP Socket Services
Telnet/RFC2217 COM Port control
PortVision DX remote management
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.55lbs
- Package Dimensions 5-11/16" x 5-11/16" x 3-3/8"
144.46 x 144.46 x 85.73 mm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99600-2
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A992
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55022
FCC PART 15 SUBPART B: CLASS A LIMIT
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN61000-6-2
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT/BURST
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
SafetyIUL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-201
CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1-12
CSA C22.2 No. 61010-2-201:14
- OtherEuropean Standard: 2002/95/EC Directive (RoHS)
NEMA TS2 Compliant
Other Regulatory Approvals
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
Part Number: 99602-6
Call +1.330.486.0001, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.330.486.0001, or visit our forum .
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster products!
|Firmware, Device Drivers, Supporting Documents, and Utilities|