DeviceMaster ® UP 4-Port Modbus
Simultaneously connect both serial and Modbus devices to PLCs and/or applications. Or The DeviceMaster UP brings plant floor device visibility by enabling communications between factory floor serial and Modbus devices, and PLC controllers.
Part Number: 99521-0
- DIN-rail mounting and screw terminal power connections
- Highly flexible and unique Modbus functionality
- Multiple Modbus master and slave types
- Raw/ASCII Serial and Ethernet device support
- Variable power input eliminates need for power converters
- Dual Ethernet ports for daisy chaining network connections between multiple units
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol has developed three unique Modbus firmware applications that provide a wide range of Modbus connectivity. Simple connections or complex Modbus networks, you can do it all with a DeviceMaster UP. The DeviceMaster UP is loaded with Modbus Router firmware but you can load either Modbus TCP or Modbus Server, depending on your requirements.
The DeviceMaster UP has been designed to meet the demands of today’s increasingly diverse Modbus installations.
Highly flexible and robust, the DeviceMaster UP provides connectivity between a vast array of Modbus controllers and devices. Simplified configuration pages, innovative functionality and informative diagnostic information all make for quick and easy set-up of even the most complex Modbus installations.
- DeviceMaster UP 4-Port Modbus
- Power Cord, Euro Power Cord
- Loopback plugs - DB9, RJ45
- Brackets (2)
- Power Supply
- RJ45-DB9 Adapter (4)
- Screws (4)
- Bus Interface Specification10/100 BASE-T ETHERNET
- SDRAM32 MB
- Flash8 MB
- EnclosureBlack Powder Coated Finished Steel
- Installation MethodPanel mountable
- LED Indicators100Mb Ethernet, Collision, Ethernet Link/Activity, Device Status, and RX/TX Per Port
- Dimensions (LxWxH)10.8" x 6.3" x 1.5"
275 x 160 x 38.1 mm
- Product Weight3.3 lbs
- Input Voltage Requirements 9 - 30 VDC
External Power Consumption (max.)3.0 Watts
- Input 90 - 264VAC @ 47-63Hz
- Output24 VDC @ 1A
- ESD Surge ProtectionProvides minimum of 15KV for a duration of 1ns @ 200A. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection in addition to the surge protection levels specified.
- Operating Temperature -37° to 74° C
- Storage Temperature -40° to 85° C
- System On 20% to 80%
- System Off 8% to 80%
- Altitude 0 to 10000 Feet
- Heat Output 8.5 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 25.0 Years
- Software Selectable RS-232/422/485
Serial Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control None, RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, or Half-duplex
- Communication ModesModbus/TCP to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU
Modbus/TCP to raw serial data
Modbus/RTU Device (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- Network Protocols Telnet, HTTP, SNMP, DHCP, ARP, BOOTP, Ping
- DescriptionPure Modbus, multiple Modbus master and slave types , remote, local, and private devices
- Supported InterfacesPLCs, SCADA systems, HMIs, OPC servers and applications
- Web Page Configuration• Master-to-master connectivity via the Shared Memory sub-system
• Private Modbus serial bus support designed to restrict access to private Modbus devices
• Connectivity from serial Modbus masters to Modbus/TCP networks
• The ability to connect multiple types of Modbus masters to Modbus slave device(s)
• Convert from one form of Modbus, such as Modbus/TCP, to Modbus/RTU or Modbus/ASCII
• Provide connectivity from a serial Modbus master to a remote Modbus slave device
• Eliminate Modbus device ID conflicts and solve device ID configuration problems
• Enable Modbus security by blocking write messages in Read-Only Mode
• Device ID to Modbus/TCP slave via configurable IP address and TCP/IP port
• Modbus Network Bridging support
- DiagnosticsLocal and remote slave device and port specific diagnostic web pages that display status, message response timing, timeout and other error counts, and overall message statistics. A serial log is also included to provide message level diagnosis.
- DescriptionModbus/RTU over Ethernet master(s) to serial slave(s)
- Supported InterfacesOPC Servers and Applications that require Modbus/RTU communication over Com ports or Ethernet TCP/IP connections
- Web Page Configuration• Supports Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to the corresponding serial port via intelligent Modbus message handling and routing.
• Supports only Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to a serial port. For Modbus/TCP functionality, please see the DeviceMaster UP.
• Supports up to six Ethernet TCP/IP connections to each serial port.
• Supports up to 255 Modbus devices per port. Both valid, (1-247), and reserved, (248-255), device ids are supported
• Modbus/RTU specific message handling: ◦CRC verification of all messages received on the TCP/IP and serial interfaces
• Timing out of responses from slave Modbus/RTU devices
• Broadcast message handling on connected port only
• System monitoring to ensure gateway operation:
• Gateway busy
• Application message timeouts
• Combined with a serial port redirector, such as the Comtrol Secure Port Redirector, can support up to six COM port connections to each serial port
- Diagnostics• Modbus device specific statistics, response timing, and status. Up to 255 devices per serial port can be monitored simultaneously.
• Serial port specific statistics and status
• Serial port message logging
- Supported InterfacesPLC, SCADA system, HMI, or OPC Server
- Supported Controllers• Modbus/TCP masters and slaves
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial masters and slaves
• Applications over Ethernet TCP/IP connections (raw/ASCII only)
- Supported Devices• Raw/ASCII devices, both serial and Ethernet TCP/IP, such as barcode scanners, vision systems, RFID readers, weigh scales, encoders and printers
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial slaves
- Recommended Installations• Connectivity to serial and/or Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
• Connectivity to Modbus/RTU and/or Modbus/ASCII serial devices
• Connecting single or multiple Modbus masters and/or applications to the devices
• Automatic Modbus protocol translations (if needed)
- Web Page Configuration• Highly flexible, with an emphasis on Raw/ASCII devices
• Also supports Modbus RTU/ASCII slave devices
• Connect Raw/ASCII devices to Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial controllers
• Automatic protocol conversions and routing
• Connect Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial masters to Modbus RTU/ASCII serial slaves
• Many unique Raw/ASCII handling features
• Simultaneously connect multiple Modbus masters to individual devices
• Modbus message Alias Device ID conversions
- Sample PLC ProgramsYes
Regulatory Approval Marks
CE Mark, FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A, CTick, CUL, ODVA Certified, PIC Certified, RoHS Certified
EN55022 & A1:2000 IEC 100032
CSA C22.2 No. 50/UL60950
- Other Regulatory Approvals European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum at http://forum.comtrol.com/.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster products! Extended Warranty Available.