- Serial to Modbus/TCP
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-37° to 74°C)
- Variable power input eliminates need for power converters
- PortVision® DX monitoring and management software
- RoHS 2 compliant under CE
- DualConnectPlus™ Technology
The DeviceMaster UP 1-Port VDC Modbus supports the following communication modes:
- Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII to raw/ASCII Serial or raw/ASCII Ethernet
- Modbus/TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII
- Modbus RTU/ASCII (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- Raw/ASCII Data Stream and Command/Response Modes
- Remote Modbus TCP/RTU/ASCII
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol has developed three unique Modbus firmware applications that provide a wide range of Modbus connectivity. Simple connections or complex Modbus networks, you can do it all with a DeviceMaster MOD. The DeviceMaster MOD is loaded with Modbus Router firmware.
The easy-to-use configuration and one of the three Modbus protocols makes upgrades for plant floor global visibility faster and more economical than ever before. The DeviceMaster MOD enables managers to leverage legacy devices and boost ROI, while reducing PLC programming and maintenance costs with simplified PLC interfaces.
The DeviceMaster MOD Industrial Ethernet gateway offers a solution that configures in minutes via the web and enables you to support the Modbus/TCP protocol for serial device to PLC connections. RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 software-selectable serial connections are supported via secure DB9 connectors.
DualConnectPlus™ technology provides the ability to simultaneously connect both serial and Ethernet devices to PLCs and/or applications. String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters.
The DeviceMaster MOD is a cost-effective and proven Industrial Ethernet connectivity solution and is backed by Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol with live technical support and over 25 years of experience in network enabling devices.
- DeviceMaster UP 1-Port VDC Modbus
- Power supply
- Power Cord, Euro Power Cord
- Loopback plug
- DIN rail adapters (2)
- Power terminal connector
- DB25M-DB9F Adapter
- Installation Quick Start
- Bus Interface Specification10/100BASE-T
- EnclosureSTAINLESS STEEL
- Installation MethodsPanel Mountable or DIN Rail
- LED Indicators100MB Ethernet, Duplex, Ethernet Link/Activity, and Status
- Dimensions3.6" x 0.8" x 2.8"
91.4 x 20.3 x 71.1 mm
- Product Weight7.8 oz
- Device Requirements200mA @ 5VDC
- Device Consumption2.1 Watts
Comtrol External Power Supply
- Input90 to 264 VAC @ 50-60Hz
- Output24VDC @ 1A
- ESD Surge ProtectionProvides minimum of 15KV for a duration of 1ns @ 200A. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection in addition to the surge protection levels specified.
- System On -40° to 75° C
- System Off -40° to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing)5% to 95%
- Altitude0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output7.2 BTU/hr.
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)48.4 Years
- Connector TypeDB9M
- Number of Ports1
- Software SelectableRS-232
RS-485, 4-wire, Master
RS-485, 4-wire, Slave
Baud Rate300 to 230.4 Kbps
- Receive Buffer4.5KB
- Transmit Buffer4.5KB
Serial Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control None, RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, or Half-duplex
- *Stop bit 1.5: Supported only when used with 5 data bits
- Network ProtocolsARP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, ICMP, Ping, SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP, Telnet, TFTP, SSH, and UDP socket services.
- Industrial ProtocolMODBUS
- Communication ModesModbus/TCP to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU
Modbus/TCP to raw serial data
Modbus/RTU Device (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
- Connector TypeRJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- Number of Ports1
- SNMP Support Monitoring only.
- Other Software Features PortVision DX remote management
Save/Load configuration files
- Web Page ConfigurationHighly flexible, with emphasis on Raw/ASCII devices.
Connectivity to Modbus/RTU and or Modbus/ASCII serial devices.
Also supports Modbus RTU/ASCII Slave devices.
Connect Raw /ASCII devices to Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial controllers.
Automatic protocol conversions and routing.
Connect Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial masters to Modbus RTU/ASCII serial slaves.
Many unique Raw/ASCII handling features.
Simultaneously connect multiple Modbus masters to individual devices.
Modbus message Alias Device ID conversions.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty 5 Years
- IncludesPower Supply
US Power Cord
Euro Power Cord
DB9F to DB25M Adapter
35mm Din Rail clips & screws
- Packaged Shipping Weight1.4lbs
- Package Dimensions10.25" x 2.75" x 7.50"
260.35 x 69.85 x 190.5 mm
- UPC Code7-56727-99501-2
- Country of OriginUSA
- Schedule B Number8471.80.1000
- EmissionsFCC Part 15 Subpart B - Class A limit
Canadian EMC requirements ICES-003
European Standard EN 55022
- ImmunityEuropean Standard EN 55024
- SafetyIEC 60950/EN60950
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
- OtherEuropean Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
- Regulatory Approvals
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum at http://forum.comtrol.com/.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster products! Extended Warranty Available.