New Model Available
View the updated product.
For new projects, we recommend our latest model.
1-Port serial device server with DB9 connectors and one Ethernet port
1-port DIN rail serial device server (RS-232/422/485) with a DB9 connector and a single Ethernet port to support your industrial EtherNet/IP gateway
Part Number: 99601-9
- DIN rail mountable
- One DB9 male serial port (RS-232/422/485) with a minimum of 25KV of surge protection
- Variable power input – 5-30VDC with a screw terminal connector
- One RJ45 Ethernet port
- Provide PLC connectivity – to standard EtherNet/IP™ serial devices
- Wide industrial operating temperature range (-40° to 75°C)
- Software Controllable integrated 120Ω Termination Resistor for both the Transmit and Receive side in RS-422/485 Mode
- PortVision DX – configure network settings for the DeviceMaster and monitor status, update firmware and if necessary, resolve issues remotely
- Security features – SSL & SSH management, SSL serial data stream encryption
The DeviceMaster EIP-2101 provides connectivity from a wide variety of EtherNet/IP controllers and applications to a vast array of serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices. With this gateway, you can connect virtually any EtherNet/IP based PLC, SCADA, HMI, OPC Server or other controller to ASCII interface barcode scanners, RFID readers, printers, encoders, weigh scales, vision systems and many others.
DeviceMaster EIP-2101 embedded web pages provide many capabilities not found in standard gateways. It can be configured to most any environment in just minutes. Diagnostics pages greatly simplify maintenance and trouble shooting. System web pages provide the tools to update firmware, backup and restore configurations, and selectively restore defaults. Download PortVision DX, a remote management and network configuration application that makes it a simple task to detect and manage every DeviceMaster on the network. It can also be used to facilitate firmware updates, troubleshooting, and remote administration.
- DeviceMaster EIP-2101
- Quick Installation card
- DB9 test plug
- Interface Specification 10/100BASE-T
- SDRAM 32 MB
- Flash 8 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- LED Indicators Status, Ethernet Port Link and Activity
- Dimensions 4.52" x 3.9" x 0.9"
114.81 x 99.1 x 22.86 mm
- Product Weight0.25 lbs
- Input Voltage Requirements5-30VDC
- Power Consumption (Max.)1.5 Watts
- Power Input RedundancyDual Redundant Power Input
- ESD Surge ProtectionProvides minimum of 25KV protection for all serial lines. All Ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -40 to 75° C
- System Off -40 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 0% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 61.4 Years
- Connector TypeDB9M
- Number of Ports1
- Software Selectable Interfaces RS-232
RS-485 4-wire, Master
RS-485 4-wire, Slave
- Termination Resistor for RS232/485Software controllable 120Ω termination resistors available for each transmit and receive differential pair on every port. The 120Ω termination resistors can be enabled between TX+ and TX- OR RX+ and RX- or both on every port
Baud Rate 300 bps to 230Kbps
- Receive Buffer 4.5KB
- Transmit Buffer 4.5KB
Serial Data Control
- Data Bits5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parityodd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control None, RTS/CTS, XON/XOFF, or Half-duplex
- *Stop bit 1.5: Supported only when used with 5 data bits
- Number of Ports 1
- Speed 10/100Mbps
- Connector Type RJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- LEDEthernet Link (Green)
Ethernet Activity (Amber)
- Ethernet specific featuresEthernet packet switching, Auto Negotiation, Link/Activity Status LED
- Network ProtocolsARP, BOOTP, DHCP/RARP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL/TLS, ICMP, RFC 1006 (ISO over TCP), SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP & UDP socket services, Telnet, and TFTP, and supports IP multicast data transmission
- Supported PLCsIncluding but not limited to:
Allen Bradley: ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix, SLC 5/05, PLC-5, and MicroLogix Models
- Web Page Configuration• Three methods of receive communication to the PLC – Write-to-Tag/File, Write-to-Tag/File-Synced, and Polling
• Connectivity – Ethernet/IP to serial and Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
• Connectivity to high-speed devices. Supports message rates as high as 50 updates per second when receive mode is configured to Write-to-Tag/File.
• Vendor Specific CIP objects – configuration, data transfer, and statistics
• Large received packet support – up to 1518 bytes serial and 2048 bytes Ethernet TCP/IP
• Received packet size control – truncate or drop oversized packets
• Message Throttling – ensures PLC can process each received data packet
• Intelligent packet identification – start and end of transmission character detection/appending
- Electronic Data Sheets (EDS)Yes
- Sample PLC ProgramsYes
- SNMP Support MONITORING ONLY
- Other Software FeaturesPortVision DX remote management
Save/load configuration files
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.55lbs
- Package Dimensions 5-11/16" x 5-11/16" x 3-3/8"
144.46 x 144.46 x 85.73 mm
- UPC Code 7-56727-99601-9
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A992
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55022
FCC PART 15 SUBPART B: CLASS A LIMIT
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN61000-6-2
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT/BURST
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
SafetyIUL 61010-1, UL 61010-2-201
CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1-12
CSA C22.2 No. 61010-2-201:14
- OtherEuropean Standard: 2002/95/EC Directive (RoHS)
NEMA TS2 Compliant
Other Regulatory Approvals
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
Part Number: 99601-9
Call +1.330.486.0001, or e-mail [email protected]
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.330.486.0001, or visit our forum .
Pepperl+Fuchs Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster family products!
|Firmware, Device Drivers, Supporting Documents, and Utilities|